The Book of Faces does not lie...it was seven years ago today that I mailed the very first community quilt to Othniel.
By peregrine kate
Last week Aji wrote a deeply-felt and compelling diary on behalf of two of our most beloved community members, Sara R and winglion (Ann), who are the creators of the Community Quilt project on Daily Kos. That diary did its job; the original quilt sisters have survived their immediate financial crisis.
You, the community, support our work. Your help provides us with materials and supports our hours of work on each quilt project. We are thankful that you keep our needles quilting!
1. othniel (cellulitis and ensuing complications, RIP)
2. exmearden (cancer of heart and lung, RIP)
3. MsSpentyouth (brain tumor)
4. Moe99 (lung cancer, RIP)
5. Michelle Caudle (ovarian cancer, RIP)
6. BFSkinner (lupus)
7. Kitsap River (long wait for kidney donor that ended 2/18/11)
8. Frederick Clarkson (blood clots)
By Sara R
Adapted from Daily Kos
My sister and I were so happy when Markos Moulitsas asked if we might do a community quilt to hang in the new Daily Kos offices. What a great idea! Many of you provided messages and we made a quilt with them, featuring blocks that we have used in prior community quilts. WARNING: Photo heavy diary!